Creating a New User
Here are the steps for creating a new user:
- Go to Security | Manage Users
- Click on the "New User" button
- Fill in all desired fields (you must supply a username, password, and email address)
- Check the "Active" checkbox unless you will be requiring the user to perform some task to become active
- Click on the Save button at the upper right
Tip: If you forget to activate users, you can do so by checking the checkbox next to each user on the Manage Users panel, clicking on the "Bulk Actions" button, and selecting "Activate Selected" in the drop-down menu.
Security Resources at Bob's Guides
- Revolution Permissions
- Evolution Permissions
- Revolution Security Cheatsheet
- Basic Security Tutorials
- Advanced Security Tutorials
- Revolution Default ACL Entries
If you have the book and would like to download the code, you can find it here.
If you have the book and would like to see the updates and corrections page, you can find it here.
MODX: The Official Guide is 772 pages long and goes far beyond this web site in explaining beginning and advanced MODX techniques. It includes detailed information on:
- Installing MODX
- How MODX Works
- Working with MODX resources and Elements
- Using Git with MODX
- Using common MODX add-on components like SPForm, Login, getResources, and FormIt
- MODX security Permissions
- Customizing the MODX Manager
- Using Form Customization
- Creating Transport Packages
- MODX and xPDO object methods
- MODX System Events
- Using PHP with MODX
Go here for more information about the book.
Thank you for visiting BobsGuides.com
— Bob Ray