Why Choose GoRevo?
Do you have one or more Evolution sites that you've been wanting to convert to Revolution but couldn't face the hassle? If so, GoRevo is just what you've been waiting for.
In a few easy steps, GoRevo will transfer a MODX Evolution site to a MODX Revolution site. The following objects will be transferred:
- Manager Users
- Web Users
- Template Variables
- Resource Groups
- Selected System Settings
- Custom Snippets
- Custom Plugins
- Selected files and/or directories
All relationships between the objects will be preserved. Users will belong to the same User Groups, Resources will have the correct Templates, Template Variables will be connected to the same Templates and will retain their values for individual Resources, and Elements will remain in their categories.
In addition, tags in Resources and Elements will be translated to their Revolution format.
How is GoRevo better than the existing tools?
It wasn't worth writing GoRevo if it couldn't be better than anything currently available for converting sites. Here are just some of the advantages of GoRevo:
- GoRevo won't just transfer your content and users. It will translate many common Evolution snippets to their Revolution equivalents. Ditto tags will be converted to getResources or pdoResources (your choice). PHX tags (including
phx:userinfo) will be converted to their Revolution equivalents. GoRevo will also convert Wayfinder, Breadcrumbs, WebLogin, WebLoginPE, and other snippets to work in Revolution.
- GoRevo allows you to select files and directories for inclusion or exclusion in the transfer, so all your images, JS, and CSS files will be there when you need them, regardless of their locations.
- GoRevo handles collisions between Manager and Web users and puts all the users into their original user groups in the process.
- Thanks to a little behind-the-scenes magic, GoRevo allows all Evolution users, regardless of the hashing method used, to log into the new Revolution site using their original usernames and passwords. No other transition tool will do this. Manager Users will already have permissions necessary to perform basic operations. <
- GoRevo will create a basic, easily modified permissions system for both Web Users and Manager users. Revolution permissions are notoriously confusing, so it's nice to have a head start on them.
- GoRevo produces a report showing every snippet used on your Evolution site, including snippets called with
@EVALin TVs, and
runSnippet()in snippet or plugin code.
Click on the "Buy Now" link below to see the various licensing options for GoRevo.
Want more information? See the GoRevo Tutorial Page.
If you have the book and would like to download the code, you can find it here.
If you have the book and would like to see the updates and corrections page, you can find it here.
MODX: The Official Guide is 772 pages long and goes far beyond this web site in explaining beginning and advanced MODX techniques. It includes detailed information on:
- Installing MODX
- How MODX Works
- Working with MODX resources and Elements
- Using Git with MODX
- Using common MODX add-on components like SPForm, Login, getResources, and FormIt
- MODX security Permissions
- Customizing the MODX Manager
- Using Form Customization
- Creating Transport Packages
- MODX and xPDO object methods
- MODX System Events
- Using PHP with MODX
Go here for more information about the book.
Thank you for visiting BobsGuides.com
— Bob Ray