Make Vista show the control panel items in the start menu
You've probably already thought of this, but, if not, you can put a shortcut to Control Panel on the desktop by following these steps:
- Press the Windows key.
- Right-click on Control Panel.
- Click on Show on Desktop.
But there's a better way, in my opinion. The following steps will pop up every item on the Control Panel screen as a menu whenever you click on the Windows key and hover the cursor over Control Panel:
- Right-click on the Taskbar.
- Select the Start Menu tab.
- Check the Start Menu option if it's not already selected.
- Click on the top Customize button.
- In the Control Panel section, select Display as Menu.
- Click on OK.
While you're there, you can also do the same thing to your Documents folder but it will get pretty messy if you have a lot of items in the root of your Documents folder.
You can also set which browser appears in the task bar. Note that changing this won't change the default browser setting. To change the default browser, go here.
Thank you for visiting BobsGuides.com
— Bob Ray